Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare estimates by evaluating scope of work to determine labor costs and equipment needs
- Collect and incorporate information from customers and data sources including drawings, projects plans and material price lists
- Communicates regularly and consistently with customers and contractors
- Maintain frequent contact with client base via telephone, e-mail and in person to secure new projects.
- Develop new contacts by attending pre-bid meetings and conferences as well as availing yourself of any and all value-added electronic media communication methods
- Follow-up on all outstanding proposals using established procedures
- Maintain proposal follow up log updated with contact dates and notes
- Ensure that all required paperwork is submitted promptly and in accordance with company policies
It is preferred that candidates meet the following criteria:
- 5+ years of estimating experience, preferably in the commercial bidding process
- Must be a proactive problem solver with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Excellent follow up skills a must.
- Organized and comfortable multi-tasking,
- High-level attention to detail and ability to handle tight deadlines.
- Preferably a strong understanding of the Baltimore-Washington Commercial Fencing market, including current market prices and clients (e.g. engineers, architects, property managers/owners) is a huge benefit, but not a pre-requisite
- Strong knowledge and comfort level with reading plans & specifications, blueprints, writing proposals and submitting bid packages
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Purchase all materials for projects and inventory
- Develop and maintain relationships with material vendors and solicit multiple quotes in an effort to negotiate the most favorable pricing and terms
Inventory & Yard Operations
- Supervise yard staff
- Analyze and maintain inventory levels in an effort to optimize material purchases
- Coordinate and manage yard crews to ensure a neat, organized and efficient yard operation
- Coordinate receipt and delivery of materials and product
- Supervise year –end and mid-year inventory count
Vehicle & Equipment Maintenance
- Maintain all equipment and vehicles to ensure efficient operation and availability
- Lease equipment needed for projects (i.e. lifts, scaffolding, concrete trucks)
- Develop and maintain relationships with service vendors and solicit multiple quotes in an effort to negotiate the most favorable pricing and terms
Labor Schedule & Crews
- Maintain a working knowledge of all mandated jobs on the project schedule in order to effectively schedule crews and troubleshoot
- Create and maintain labor schedule for all Company projects
- Communicate with crews and project managers daily to confirm project completion and start dates
- Become proficient at adjusting the schedule for unforeseen obstacles such as weather, crew availability or customer-generated schedule changes
- Communicate with project managers in order to create/plan schedule contingencies when necessary
- Notify billing department whenever jobs are complete
Preferred Academic Disciplines (Not Required)
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
Internship program for credit (non paying)
We are seeking an individual with the following characteristics:
- Self-motivated individual currently enrolled in one of the above programs.
- Prefer Juniors and Seniors
- Should have a working knowledge of construction projects, be able to read and intrepid blue prints and specifications
- Assist the estimators in researching and evaluating projects to bid on.
- Maintain estimating calendar and project log,
- Perform research for products, building and labor codes, assist in updating safety program and MSDS compliance.
- Assist other departments in their day-to-day activity ranging from project management, purchasing, marketing and accounting.
- Provide estimating assistance
- Perform market analysis and code evaluation